Diploma courses taught online, via correspondence, through e-learning, or by MOOC, have transformed our ways of learning. With manager training available in 30 seconds or 24 months, these courses can adapt to a variety of needs and incorporate an increasing range of educational innovations. According to an Opinion Way study for EDHEC Online, published in February 2019, 74% of professionals say they are keen to take an online diploma course within the next two years. Read on to discover 10 advantages of e-learning with a practical focus.
Online diploma courses are gaining in popularity and offer a new way of studying. The majority are high-quality courses offering the same high educational standards as face-to-face classes: taught by the same teachers as those leading classes on campus, and with individual and group support.
#1 The same level of excellence as face-to-face training
Opting for distance learning at a prestigious educational body like EDHEC Business School brings the benefits of our excellent teaching faculty and high-quality professional network of 45,000 graduates and students.
EDHEC distance learning diplomas are on an equal footing with those acquired via face-to-face courses. For example, the management certification from our 100% Online Manager Programme (Titre Niveau 1 [Level 1 Degree], a master’s degree-level qualification [BAC+5]) is exactly the same as that received at the end of the equivalent face-to-face course.
The course also involves mastering digital tools and the capacity to manage yourself, further adding to its benefits for your CV and in the eyes of employers.
#2 Online diploma courses: career catalysts
Distance learning is a springboard for your career. In the EDHEC Business School Management Development Programme, learners achieved:
- an average increase of 26% in gross earnings per annum;
- career progression for 57% of graduates
#3 Freedom to learn at your own pace, in your own home
One of the advantages of e-learning is that it allows participants to take their classes at any time of the day: at breakfast, in the evening, or at the weekend. Unlike fixed, structured programmes, you can therefore:
- study at home, balancing your professional and family lives ;
- learn at your own pace ;
- remain active in your position and fully involved in your company’s business strategy.
#4 Support and a team dynamic to help you succeed
While distance learning does require motivation and organisation, you are not left to your own devices. EDHEC’s Online MSC in International Business Management incorporates:
- weekly virtual classes to give structure to your learning ;
- group work and workshops, as well as group and individual coaching sessions to facilitate your development as a manager and help you to learn ;
- a discussion forum to allow you to connect with your fellow learners.
#5 Fun educational resources
Distance learning allows us to use new digital teaching tools for greater interactivity, including:
- an online platform, online resources and fact sheets ;
- learning methods which use e-learning and educational videos ;
- training and testing with online quizzes and multiple-choice questionnaires ;