Where do employers look for these skills?
Employers look for applicants’ skills in several different places, the 3 most important ones being resumes, cover letters & obviously interviews. When highlighting your skills, here are key factors to keep in mind:
- For resumes: You should always create a section called “Skills” on your resume where you can list your skills related to the job you are seeking. You can also incorporate mentions of these skills throughout the experience section of your resume in the descriptions of your job duties.
- For cover letters: Your cover letter should include mention of 3 of your most marketable skills.
- During interviews: During the interview, provide examples of how you have used your skills in the past. Try to especially mention the skills that were specifically mentioned in the job posting.
How to develop these modern leadership skills?
These soft skills can be learned with time and experience in the workforce. The right education programmes, however, integrate the honing of these skills into their curriculum. For instance, at EDHEC, there are three main approaches we use to build these leadership skills into the profiles of our students:
- A human-focused approach to learning: EDHEC is committed to providing a high quality of online instruction, and integrates human interaction throughout our programme offerings. Each EDHEC student receives dedicated support from our professors through two individual and group coaching sessions per month. They also have access to privileged interactions with EDHEC professors and academic mentors during weekly virtual meetings.
- A focus on diversity: EDHEC prides itself in its international approach to higher education and recognises the value that different perspectives bring to a working environment. We are committed to bringing together students from diverse backgrounds, circumstances, and mindsets to maximise creativity and open-mindedness within our graduates.
- A worldwide network: Our online campus allows students to connect and work together around the globe, training the leaders of tomorrow to understand the complexity of the business world and preparing them to leave a positive impact on the business world and society as a whole.
If you’re looking to hone your leadership skills as a working professional through further education, take a look at EDHEC’s online programmes.